Follow tawdra on Twitter

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Author Idols

Do you have an author idol?  Or maybe even more than one?  I do.  These are the published writers (AKA PWs) who have inspired me in magnificent ways.  At first, these PWs made me want to read more and learn more.  I'm remembering Laura Ingalls Wilder, Louisa May Alcott,  Margaret Mitchell, Catherine Marshall and Ayn Rand.  An eclectic group to be sure, but they were all strong and well-written women.

But then, my PWs began to inspire me to do more than just read; I wanted to write, too.  I was never more excited than when I was spinning a story.  Finding out that I could do that was pretty incredible!

What's really cool is that now I can connect with many of my author idols on the internet.  I 'visit' with Karen Kingsbury, Janet Evanovich, Diana Gabaldon and Anne Rice on Facebook; I have a Tweeting relationship with some other PWs.  They share stories, tips and ideas, and their encouragement sometimes keeps me going when I'm feeling that I'll never see my own work in print.

I owe all of these amazing writers a huge debt of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment