Follow tawdra on Twitter

Monday, November 8, 2010

NaNoWriMo Update AND NYC T-2

This is a double subject blog--wow.  You know it's a busy week!

NaNoWriMo has been happening for a full week now.  I am happy to report that I am well over 10,000 words, and I am feeling good about what I've written.  It's different from anything I've written before, and it's fun to stretch some new muscles.  I'm not quite on schedule to finish by the end of the month, but close enough to make it happen by writing a little more here and there. 

If you are a writer and you've never tried NaNoWriMo before, I highly recommend it.  Next year I'd like to get more involved in our community encouragement; it just hasn't been possible this month, with children getting engaged, life happening and trips to NYC. . .

. . .which brings us to our next subject.  We're less than two days out from our departure for the Big Apple.  I'm happy to report that 34 copies of the query letters are printed, as our 34 copies of the first two pages of my manuscript.  My bags are mostly packed or ready to be packed. 

Today I received the final schedule from Backspace, so I know the agents I'm going to be meeting at the conference.  It's pretty exciting!

I seriously covet your prayers for all the flights and for the conference itself.  And I'll be keeping in touch as much as I possibly can!

No comments:

Post a Comment