Follow tawdra on Twitter

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Pencils at the ready, people!  (Yes, I know, most people write on word processors these days, but it is hardly a picturesque phrase.)  It's nearly November, and you know what that means?  National Novel Writing Month!!

I've been following NaNoWriMo for years, but I haven't actually participated yet.  Once I began writing, I was always mid-novel in November and didn't want to interrupt that process to write 50,000 words that wouldn't help me with the current project.

But this year, I'm feeling it.  There are quite a few ideas that have been percolating for a little while, and I think it's time to get them down on paper--I mean, on the computer.

If you're not familiar with NaNoWriMo, here's how it works:  you commit to write 50,000 words between 12:01 AM on November 1st and 11:59 PM November 30th.  It's supposed to be in the form of a novel.  It doesn't have to be a complete novel, but it does have to be completely original writing--meaning that I can't incorporate the 10,000 words I've already written for book 4 of the King series into the NaNoWriMo project.  The point is to compel you to WRITE--something.  Even if it's not the greatest masterpiece or the most polished thing you've ever written, you write something.  Anything.

For more information and to register, go to http://www.nanowrimo.org/ .

So. . .who's going to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment